I have been thinking hard lately about several issues in life. Random issues like the way it rains on Friday afternoon while it was sunny the whole damn work.
Or how they have those little tu soaps and lotions at hotels as if one automatically becomes smaller once they check in…
Anyway, my preoccupation over the last week has been on breathing, and how this familiar phenomenon affects all of us and to that end I have managed to short list the top five reasons out of a possible twenty-three (hence the two weeks) on why we breathe.
1. You know, to stay alive and other issues related to that…
2. There is no alternative. We don’t know how not to breathe.
See no one has held their breath long enough to find out what it’s like to stay permanently without breathing. And those who tried successfully have not been able to recount their experience to us for some weird reason…
3. Its fashionable…tell me, would you rather have a Nano, a black berry or be able to breathe for the rest of ya life, see?
4. It is free. Can you imagine if we had to pay for breathing like electricity or cable? People would be skipping days in the week to save money.
There would be breathing plans, Oxygen sales…
People would be on $49.99 unlimited breathing plans with free nights and weekends or others would choose a pay as you breathe plan;you only pay for how much you breathe.
Countries would go to war over oxygen.
5. Last but definitely not least, breathing is Sexy!
Just breathe in and out a few times and tell me it’s not the sexiest thing you have done in a long time.
Try this line sometimes, “hey gal, i like the way you took that oxygen out of the air and twirled it around and breathed in so sexy, damn gal, you breathe like an angel…”