8:06 am after resetting the alarm from 7:15 to 7:40 and then snoozing several times.
I find 7 minutes intervals to be the perfect time between ‘that ka sleep is checking in again but I have to wake up” and ‘Shit! its 9am, I must have snoozed waaaay off”‘.
2. How do you like your steak?
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Bruno! The catapult scene and rocking the baby were just two classic Ali G demented scenes.
4. What is your favorite TV show?
Weeds or Curb Your Enthusiasm. I switch a lot though…
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
6. What did you have for breakfast?
Lipton black tea and a banana. I am still waiting for ketepa tea bags….I bought some Ketepa tea bags from an Indian store here and let me just say – that is the worst tea bagging ever.
7. What is your favorite cuisine?
.KE (does nyam chom qualify as a cuisine in itself?), Thai & Chinese. My cucu’s food save for…8
8. What foods do you dislike?
I don’t care for sweet stuff as much.
And my cucu’s igatad fried eggs. Igata seemed to me like hardened salt – a renegade salt if you will – that refused to sit still in magadi and wait to mature and be harvested like all other salt is.
9. Favorite Place to Eat?
Several places, none in particular.
10. Favorite dressing?
A thousand Island.
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive?
It gets me from point A to B and it hasn’t needed a visit to the mechanic of late so I am happy.
12. What are your favorite clothes?
Comfortable clothes, I like shorts & scandals a lot but winter comes in and kills that style.
Sometime dressing up, casual smart, is not bad either.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
Always full, spilling over…we need another cup before this half empty cup messes everything up.
15. Where would you want to retire?
Heaven, I hope.
If they are asking where would I like to spend my old days….Nairobi & travel the world.
16. Favorite time of day?
Between afternoon and evening.
17. Where were you born?
My mother told me in Nairobi and a few relatives have confirmed her story. But you can never know with these things…
18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
NFL, Soccer, NBA, Michgan State Football & Basketball.
19. Who do you think will not tag you back?
Most people who don’t read my blog and or don’t have internet access
20. Person you expect to tag you back first?
Read this out loud like a death panel activist…I WILL TAG 3N FIRST! Now go out there and make something out of yourself, tag away!
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this?
22. Bird watcher?
Long story. My mum really insisted that we watch birds. During vacations she would make us wake up early to go watch birds as we fed them. Then throughout the day she would have us watch them as they lay eggs and take the eggs away.
I also watched quite a number of birds become deliciously edible.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
24. Do you have any pets?
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share?
26. What did you want to be when you were little?
At first a doctor (I even made people call me Dr. 3N), then lawyer, then a politician.
27. What is your best childhood memory?
Hanging out with my grandparents.
28. Are you a cat or dog person?
I can never trust that a dog won’t bite me. And cats seem to always be working on a sinister plot…so neither.
29. Are you married?
Will be, someday.
30. Always wear your seat belt?
31. Been in a car accident?
A few, 1 I caused.
The last one, our car was ‘lifted’ from the back by a Nissan on Kamiti road and the driver pulled a Usain on us.
I thought I momentarily saw heaven only to realize later it was just the windscreen getting close and personal.
32. Any pet peeves?
People who buy political rhetoric / bullshit.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings?
Sausage & green peppers.
34. Favorite Flower?
35. Favorite ice cream?
36. Favorite fast food restaurant?
It changes, right now I like Quiznos sandwiches.
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test?
38. From whom did you get your last email?
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
Nairobi Stock Exchange, its a store right?
40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
I sang at a Kariuki bar the other day for the first time and I wasn’t even tipsy. Watch out Jonas Brothers!
41. Like your job?
In some ways yes and in more ways no.
43. What was your favorite vacation?
Can’t remember…need one.
44. Last person(s) you went out to dinner with?
45. What are you listening to right now?
The sound of life, its rhythmically predictable and sweet.
46. What is your favorite color?
47. How many tattoos do you have?
None that I know of.
48. How many are you tagging for this quiz?
Not sure yet.
49. What time did you finish this quiz?
didn’t check time before and after.
50. Coffee Drinker?
I know many. Used to be one but I switched to tea, lipton tea until a good samaritan sends boxes of ketepa tea bags.
Did You Know?
That MJ is not yet buried?
I am not sure he is even dead…remember how he pulled that trick that he was white and all this time his closest buddies (mourners on stage, doctor, lawyers etc) were black?
In fact the most consistent white people around MJ were the young boys, go figure!
Michael was a great talent and a greater freak (SERIOUSLY, who buys a hundreds and hundreds of right handed gloves, WTF does he think the manufacturer is supposed to do with the left ones??)
All I know is MJ could be in a cave in Afghanistan working on single with 2pac while his perm gives way.